– FROM THE CENTRE POMPIDOU (PARIS) TO THE MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS (HOUSTON) –
February 2020, the magnificent exhibition on the works of Francis Bacon from the Beaubourg Museum in Paris was transferred to the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston.
Transfer of the Francis Bacon exhibition
For 10 days, a team of six Bovis Fine Art specialists carried out the delicate and crating of the artist’s works, which were then stored in our secure warehouses in the Paris area while awaiting their flight to Houston.
Our experts then arranged the air transport of eight cargo and passenger flights, departing from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport, Liège, and Luxembourg, assisted the conveyors on board in each flight, supervised technical stopovers in New York , Mexico City or Dallas depending on the flights.
They completed the transfer by unloading the pallets and then transporting the works from the airport to the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston.
Bovis Fine Art is proud to have contributed to the success of this large-scale operation, thanks to the precision and rigour of our teams and the trusting relationships of trust they maintain with their customers.
Details of the works removal operation
Nature of service: Packaging and international transfer of the works of Francis Bacon exhibited at the Centre Pompidou in Paris to the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston
Details of operations:
• Handling, crating, storage in our secure warehouses
• Management of nine air transports to Houston and supervision of technical stopovers
• Assistance to conveyors
• Pallet unloading and truck loading
• Customs clearance
• Five return shipment by truck of other works owned by foreign lenders, not exhibited in Houston.
• Support for works to Germany, Norway, Switzerland, Portugal and England.
• A return on a passenger flight from Roissy to Dublin with 1 conveyor.